Third Annual AHCA "All American Scholars" Announced for D1 Hockey
Division I Men (292) and Women (205) Recognized by the AHCA for 2018-19 Excellence
The American Hockey Coaches Association (AHCA) is once again recognizing varsity ice hockey players who attained a 3 .6 GPA each semester and participated in 40% of their school's games with the first announced group of 2018-19 "Krampade All American Scholars." The names of 497 Division I men and women are being released today and their Division 11-111 counterparts will be announced in the coming weeks. A small number of waivers to the 40% participation requirement was granted due to injury or for back-up goaltenders.
"We are extremely proud of this group of student-athletes who have competed at the highest levels of the game on the ice and matched that performance in the classroom," said AHCA executive director Joe Bertagna. "The sport demands a great deal from these athletes so it is a great statement they make, individually and collectively, with their ability to attain this level of academic achievement."
The following "All American Scholars" should be singled out as they were also voted "All American" status for their on-ice performances in 2018-19:
- Kristen Campbell, Junior Goaltender from Wisconsin: Second Team All American on the ice.
- Mitchell Chaffee, Sophomore Forward from Massachusetts: First Team All American on the ice.
- Blake Christensen, Junior Forward from AIC: Second Team All American on the ice.
- Jincy Dunne, Junior Defenseman from Ohio State: First Team All American on the ice.
- Adam Fox, Junior Defenseman from Harvard University: First Team All American on the ice.
- Annie Pankowski, Senior Forward from Wisconsin: First Team All American on the ice.
- Nico Sturm, Junior Forward from Clarkson University: First Team All American on the ice.
Krampade, LLC, is a Lincoln, Nebraska-based company focused on mitigating and preventing cramp formation, while enhancing performance using its patent-pending formulations. The beauty of Krampade® is the depth and breadth of its consumer base, which translates into helping a lot of people resolve their issues with cramping in an effective, cost-efficient manner. Their website is at www.krampade.com.
Please click on the following links for the list of honorees from NCAA Men's and Women's Division I ice hockey (listed by 2018-19 conference affilation.) The Division II-III list will be released in early August.
2018-19 D1 Krampade All American Scholars (PDF Format)
2018-19 D1 Krampade All American Scholars (Excel Format)